To be or not to be - that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them
(The Prince of Denmark, Act 3, Scene 1, Hamlet)
Students, citizens and professionals of different shades were involved in various campaigns before the Youth For Equality appeared on the scene in May 2006. These campaigns were reform in education, justice for all, against the criminalization of politics, and campus oriented problems to make India vibrant. Sixty percent of Indians are youth and despite that the government is apathetic to their aspiration. The Central Government mooted a divisive as well as illogical OBC reservation policy in April 2006 and this aroused the collective spirit of students, citizen and professional across India. A month long sporadic protests were organized across the country. Solid ground had thus been prepared for the establishment of an all-India organization. The final shape to this idea was given by a group of medical students in Delhi, who were active in mobilizing leading institutions of India and with their support started a bigger struggle against the Government's illogical policy.
On April 4, 2006 a perfect storm was gathering in the student circle all over India when Human Resource Development Ministry, Government of India announced 27% OBC Reservation in Centrally funded educational institutions. A small group of motivated medicos in Delhi wondering what to do, when the idea to form an organization name Youth For Equality got acceptance. Gradually the organization has taken shapes larger than the ambit of Reservation and challenged the reservation policy scientifically. All India Institute of Medical Sciences become the centre of gravity and a policy document was prepared to take the movement forward.
Presently, Youth For Equality is an all India organization encompassing men and women of all walks of life irrespective of caste, creed, class, religion and region. It draws its strength from its large support base mainly from the youth and students of India along with all the responsible citizen of the country. The educated, sensible and law abiding citizens of India showing their unrestrained enthusiasm and support for Youth For Equality by each passing day.
- Casteless society i.e. society where there is no discrimination on the basis of birth mark. Why we are against caste based reservations? Caste is not the only deprivation.
- Education for All with special emphasis on women and children education.
Education policy documents of Youth For Equality.
- Good Governance Sensitive, honest, transparent, pro-people governance.
- Employment opportunity for the needy. The Gandhian model of employment, where a delicate balance of man and machine, must be followed as India is a populous country.
- Health for All in an healthy environment.
- Develop and consolidate a feeling of National Unity among people irrespective of religion, caste or province.
- Promote and nurture excellence to make India a superpower.
For more information:
Telephone Us:09999280426, 91-9891155057, 91-9868340420
Email Us: email@example.com