Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
Where knowledge is free
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow domestic walls
Where words come out from the depth of truth
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought and action
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.
- Rabindranath Tagore
In the present times, various groups of students, citizens and professionals of different shades are involved in various campaigns for reform in education, justice for all, against the criminalization of politics, and campus oriented problems to make India vibrant. All of these, including us, stand for rule of law and believe that people are the true masters in a democracy. Integrity in public life and genuine empowerment of the people are the cornerstones of our philosophy.
- Every Indian wants better government, fair elections, and clean public life.
- We all want an end to the sectarian and caste based policies.
- All of us believe in non-violence, development, integrity, and human values.
- All of us want to see all the citizen to be educated, healthy and pursuing goal of life in a healthy environment.
- All of us strive for a governance system that can fulfill the necessary preconditions for a civilized democracy viz:
- Rule of law
- Basic freedoms
- Basic infrastructure and economic opportunities
- Universal access to primary health and school education
- Speedy and efficient justice
- Clear linkage between authority and accountability
Unfortunately, all these groups have not changed the fate of a common citizen substantially. Though there are sundry success stories, but at large, the condition is far from being acceptable. The principal reasons are conceptual, it seems. All of these groups have considered the development of the Country as a single faceted issue. People have failed to realize that the development of the nation is a multi-faceted problem. To bring the real change, all of us will have to join together. Youth For Equality invites all the groups and organizations to a single platform. We call upon all NGO's, social activists, professors, journalists, Doctors, lawyers, businessmen and other professional groups to join this movement with dedication and commitment. Let us collaborate and cooperate without losing the identity of the group/organization. Though there may be subtle differences in ideology, we may collaborate and cooperate in the areas of mutual agreement.
For more information:
Telephone Us: 011-46081209, 011-64598338, 91-9891155057, 91-9868340420
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org